Spring and Fall Aerations
The Golf Course Superintendent’s secret to lush, healthy green grass is to do aerations to deliver fertilizer, oxygen, and nutrients to penetrate to the grass roots.
Colorado State University recommends both a spring and fall aerations for our Front Range, high desert, clay soils to promote healthy, green grass.
Core aeration is the removal of small cylinder shaped cores of soil and thatch from your lawn.
Mechanical Core Aerator covers your yard quickly to maximize the area covered.
BestYard & Weed Man do a double pass aeration that pulls double the number of plugs to maximize the benefits to your lawn’s roots.
Why Aerate Your Lawn?
- Aeration will loosen compacted soil. Compacted soil makes it difficult for roots to grow, limiting the movement of air, moisture and fertilizer through the soil.
- Aeration will reduce your water requirements. By relieving soil compaction, water penetration is increased and water run-off is reduced.
- If your lawn has a thick layer of thatch, aeration will punch through that layer and improve air, water and nutrient penetration. This will enhance the development of deep root system. A deeply rooted lawn will be healthier and better able to withstand drought, dieses and insect stress.
What is Thatch?
- Thatch is a layer of undecomposed living and dead plant parts which restrict root development and forms a good harbor for disease and insects.
When Should Aeration Be Done?
- CSU recommends a spring and in the fall aeration when the soil is moist.
Homeowner’s Buying Guide for Aeration Services
(Things you should look for when hiring a lawn mowing company that will keep you, your family, pets, and yard safe)
The most frequently asked question that BestYard.com gets about Aerations is, “Why do you cost more than the $35 price advertised on curb side posters?”
We answer is here is what you get for
Legal Liability for Aeration Services
- Do you, at a minimum, have a $1,000,000 + liability policy to protect me in the event of property damage or injury to an employee working at my property?
BestYard.com has a $2,000,000 liability policy and covers all employees with Workmen’s Comp.
The $35 company typically does not have either a liability policy and does not have Workmen’s comp since they do not have employees, but have independent contractors. The trucks and equipment are not owned by the company, but by the individual.
Here is the risk to you. This is serious. Your homeowner’s policy is at risk. You may be on the hook to cover your large homeowner’s policy deductible if you end up with damage done to your property and have to submit a claim.
Worse yet, if the independent contractor is injured while on your property you are subject to a law suit from the injured worker’s personal injury attorney.
- Do you prescreen your employees? Does the company check references? Perform criminal background checks? Are they legally in the country? Do they speak fluent English? Do you have strict written policies that prohibit the use of drugs or alcohol by your crews?
BestYard.com employees = Yes to all questions. We would not want prior convicted convicts, sex offenders, child molesters, illegal aliens, or people under the influence of drugs or alcohol on our property. We certainly do not allow it on yours.
The $35 company typically does not have employees to check so your property, your family and pets are at risk…all to save a few dollars…does not make sense.
- What is your policy on damage to my sprinkler heads, invisible dog fence, or property? How fast will you fix them?
BestYard.com has a sprinkler department. Our written goal is to fix all damage in 48 hours.
The $35 company does not have a sprinkler department, and says they are not responsible for damage since their employee did not do the work. It is up to you to track down the individual who subcontracted the work.
- What is the quality of the job?
BestYard.com does a tight “Double Pass” Aeration. This means your get double the number of grass plugs and double the benefit of punching through the thatch layer improving air, water, and nutrient penetration to enhance a deep root system that will absorb more water and reduce water runoff.
This is the Golf Course Superintendent’s secret to lush, healthy green grass.
BestYard.com has two man crews for aerations so they can help each other if they have to carry the 200+ pound aerator over steps, flagstone, decks or other obstacles.
The $35 company does at best a single pass aeration. Many times it is a wide pass there is wide spaces between passes. Since there is only one person the aerator is driven over obstacles, you are likely to have damage.
BestYard.com delivers the best total value in aerations because we want to do it right and what is best for your yard.
If you still want a cheapo price, we recommend pay the neighbor’s son to do it.
You come off cheap, the kid learns about responsibilities.
As owner of BestYard.com, this is genuine heartfelt advice to help American kids.
Both my Dad & I learned responsibility, self-sufficiency, American values, and a little bit about our free enterprise system by starting our own lawn mowing business as a teenager during junior and senior high school.
Do you want this “DONE FOR ME” or is this too complicated?
Click “DO IT FOR ME” to request a quote.
Spring & Fall Areations:
- Castle Rock
- Highlands Ranch
- Lone Tree
- Castle Pines