Are you thinking to schedule professional landscape services? Here are some tips for you.
After the recent deep freeze, it’s hard to believe that spring is just a month away. While you’re staying warm indoors, it’s a good time to plan your landscape for warmer months. Demand is high and professionals are already booking up, so get on their calendars now.
- Schedule services that you will not do yourself. These include spring activation of the sprinkler system, getting the lawnmower in the shop for maintenance, and blade sharpening and aeration of the lawn.
- Consider pruning. Consult a professional about maintenance on dormant trees that could prepare them to better withstand spring weather events. [NOTE: Do NOT prune any spring-flowering trees, shrubs or perennials. Fruit trees, crabapple trees, and lilac are all in this do-not-touch category.
- If you are planning to renovate or do upgrades in your yard, schedule a time to meet with a designer asap so that the work can be scheduled and underway as soon as possible.
- Review last year’s garden plan and revise this year’s plan accordingly. Rotate crops such as corn that need to be moved to new locations and make sure plants that love one another such as basil and tomatoes will be planted next to one another.
- Get online and order seeds in order to have the best selection available.
Plan ahead so you can have the landscape of your dreams. Be patient—warmer days will be here before you know it!
Click “DO IT FOR ME” to request a FREE quote.
Source: email@example.com in collaboration with Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado