This winter has been full of more snow than in past years.
Being stuck inside can wear on our health and attitude.
Your yard and garden can be part of your “winter blues,” recovery.
- Exercise is a great way to get rid of those “winter blues”.
- Why not get out in the yard to check off some outdoor tasks?
- Heavy yard work (landscaping, moving rocks, hauling dirt) can burn 400-600 calories per hour, according to WebMD.
- So can shoveling snow! Clear your driveway and sidewalks.
- If the weather is warm enough—or if you can layer up without restricting your movement too much—you can also try some simple calisthenics in your yard while the sun is shining.
- Drink water! If you have been outside shoveling or have gone for a walk, try some mint tea.
- It might make hydration a little tastier and also aid digestion.
- Got some fresh mint? Add that to your ice water for similar effects.
- Get outside and enjoy your landscape.
Click “DO IT FOR ME” to request a FREE quote.
Source: firstname.lastname@example.org in collaboration with Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado